
Last weekend we decided to finally paint the balusters and handrails in our house. We have wanted to since we moved into our house. They were pretty beat up and there were 3 balusters that were missing when we moved in. Sean and my brother Ben replaced the missing ones last year, but they weren't stained or anything, so it just looked bad. While we were painting, I realized that I am not a painter. I think it is too repetitive. The thought of priming the whole thing, and then knowing that you have to paint the whole thing too, and possibly paint another coat on top of that just makes me crazy! But, Sean and I got it done, and we even let Kate help a little. We started on Friday night with priming it and then we painted most of the day and evening Saturday to finish up. We are glad we did it, it definately looks better than it did before!
Here's a look at it before:

And after:


5 comments:
I think it looks great! I love the way white paint looks on stair railings, it always makes the surrounding space look and feel so fresh and new. Definately no exception with yours.
So I was expecting some video of you painting. That would have been fun to watch. Looks good. And kudos for letting Kate help. I don't think I could have let my boys anywhere near a project like that.
Wow, it looks so good. I am sure it was a long tedious task, but it looks 100% better. Nice job!
White was a good choice of color. It always makes things look so clean and fresh. Looks good!
I love it Liz. It looks great. Was this a "nesting" moment? Ha!
Post a Comment