Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Trip to the Emergency Room

Last night Sean started having an intense pain in his side/back. Kate was sitting with him on the couch when he got up suddenly in pain. Kate was so worried about him. He was kneeling at the couch in pain and she went right over to him and started rubbing his back and saying, "what happened to Daddy?" and saying, "sorry". After explaining that she didn't do anything, she was still very worried and just wanted to see him. She cried every time he left her sight.

After vomiting and rolling around on the floor in pain, I took him to the ER. On the way there Sean said that if this pain is anything like giving birth then he doesn't want me to have any more kids because he doesn't want me to be in that kind of pain. Luckily when we got there we were the only ones there so we didn't have to wait, they took us right back. We got checked in and they asked about his symptoms, Sean said he thought it was kidney stones. They told him he as doing the "kidney stone dance", moving all around in pain, obviously they see this a lot.

They took us back and gave him some pain meds that made him feel much better. After running some tests and doing a CT scan they found that he does have a kidney stone. They said there is just one in there and it will take anywhere from a few hours to a few days to pass. So, with another shot of morphine and some pain pills they sent us on our way. One day down and still waiting...we hope the pain meds don't run out before this thing passes (although they did say we could come back for more)!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Well, there you go. A boy and a girl and your husband says no more. You are set. Why don't you ask Sean if he wants the stone cut out of his body. Anyway, we hope everything comes out okay. HA HA!

Bree D. said...

Sorry to hear about this, I guess getting your blog address is the only way even though we live right next door!!! I hope he feels better soon! Great blog, thanks for sharing and I will check in often- or I could just be more social and walk next door!! :)

Family of Strength said...

Oh my gosh!!! I'm so sorry, but am so glad that it was such a classic case of kidney stones. I'm so over this whole "strange" symptoms thing. We hope that "this too will pass" quickly. :) Kate...what more can be said...what a cutie. Sean, hang in there.

JaMilLyN said...

This is a sad but funny story. I had to laugh when I read that Kate said sorry and that she didn't do it. Also, when Sean said he could be done with kids. Anyway, I hear those things really hurt and I hope he feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

That sucks. Your little girl has gotten so big. She sure is cute.