On Friday we went to the Sawtooth Fish Hatchery with Tina, Jonathon, Joseph, Ellen, and Halle.
The kids had a fun time looking at all the fish. They were even able to feed the fish. The picture below is of them feeding the fish - Kate, Jonathon, and Halle. There was a little kids fishing pond there so the kids were able to go fishing. Kate mostly wanted to hold the fishing pole and reel in the line all by herself. She caught her first fish - thanks to Daddy for getting the worm on the hook and helping to reel it in before it got away.
We spent the rest of the day checking out a local shop and relaxing at the cabin while the kids napped. It was great weather and the view was beautiful! I wish I would have gotten a great picture. A fire started on Friday evening so our view was obstructed from the smoke, I was very disappointed.
The kids had a fun time looking at all the fish. They were even able to feed the fish. The picture below is of them feeding the fish - Kate, Jonathon, and Halle. There was a little kids fishing pond there so the kids were able to go fishing. Kate mostly wanted to hold the fishing pole and reel in the line all by herself. She caught her first fish - thanks to Daddy for getting the worm on the hook and helping to reel it in before it got away.
We spent the rest of the day checking out a local shop and relaxing at the cabin while the kids napped. It was great weather and the view was beautiful! I wish I would have gotten a great picture. A fire started on Friday evening so our view was obstructed from the smoke, I was very disappointed.On Saturday we went to Redfish Lake. It is a beautiful lake with an amazing view, too bad all the smoke covering it doesn't do it justice. Kate and Jonathon had fun playing in the sand and water.
I was so glad there was sand to play in instead of sticky mud! Of course Kate enjoyed collecting sticks more than anything. We had a fun time! We spent the rest of the afternoon, early evening in Ketchum and Sun Valley looking at the different shops. On the way back we stopped at the Salmon Festival just down the road from the cabin. There were a few booths to browse, so we picked up some kettle corn and I found a pair of earrings that I had to have!
I was so glad there was sand to play in instead of sticky mud! Of course Kate enjoyed collecting sticks more than anything. We had a fun time! We spent the rest of the afternoon, early evening in Ketchum and Sun Valley looking at the different shops. On the way back we stopped at the Salmon Festival just down the road from the cabin. There were a few booths to browse, so we picked up some kettle corn and I found a pair of earrings that I had to have!

4 comments:
How fun to share something from your childhood with Sean and Kate. My mom's family has a cabin in Wyoming that I have great memories from. I hope that someday I get to take my kids there. By the way, I'm not sure I believe you are pregnant, you definitely don't look it! And how fun that you and Tina are pregnant together again! I hope that will happen with one of my sister's at some point in the very far distant future. Does she know what she's having yet? Wow, this is a long comment...
What a great trip to finish the summer off with. It looks like you guys were able to have so much fun. And Kate! We just saw her and she looks as if she's grown a foot! The family picture is fantastic and truly turns your baby into a toddler...wow!
I don't remember you leaving for a week to go to a cabin in Idaho and I've been friends with you for roughly sixteen years now. Anyway, it looks neat from the outside and I quite enjoy the family pic above this comment. Very cute of the three of you.
I saw your blog from Jamilyn's; I didn't know you had one. I'm excited to read about all your new adventures and congratulations about the pregnancy. Boys are fun and crazy!
Post a Comment