Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Spending the day at Deer Creek

On Saturday we went boating at Deer Creek with my sister Tina and her family. We had a great time. It was so nice to be out on the water. Since Tina and I are both pregnant, neither one of us ventured into the water to perform any stunts, but Sean and Jared got in for a bit. Kate and Jonathon had fun (most of the time), but they did want to strip their life jackets off, of course even before we got them on completely. I had to keep pointing out to Kate the other kids that had life jackets on to get her to keep it on. Of course, she'll go around the house with it on for quite a while, but the second she has to wear it, forget it.

We hung out on shore for a while and let the kids play in the sticky mud (wish I could say sand). It was so sticky, we were wearing flip flops and of course they got stuck in the mud. I couldn't believe how sticky it was. I used to go there as a kid and I don't remember it being that muddy - of course, the water was much higher back then, which probably has something to do with it. It took my clean freak Kate a little convincing that it was okay to get dirty and get mud on her hands and that we would just wash it off when she was finished. Finally, she got some playing time in, mostly interested in collecting rocks in her bucket. She makes me laugh! We definitely wore her out though, by the time we were done eating lunch and playing she was asking for a nap and kept snuggling (as she calls it) in her towel to fall asleep.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Isn't it funny how our kids seem to pick up that we are neat freaks? We always have to convince the boys that we won't get mad if they get dirty. I guess because sometimes we do get mad when we don't want them to get dirty. Anyway, we'll be in touch.

Ellen Oates said...

You are a good photographer. I look at other blogs and find them not fun to look at because they take bad photos, but you are quite good. A little help with editing from your cousins and you could go into business.

JaMilLyN said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. Also, I love the pictures on the side of Kate in the life jacket and wearing the boots. So cute!

Family of Strength said...

Ahhh, I love water days!!! Glad you had the chance to get out on the lake. Cute pics.
Love ya,
The Ellisons