Our little baby boy was born on Monday, December 15th at 6:56am. We had to be at the hospital at 5:30am. I had a c-section, just like with Kate. I wasn't really looking forward to the c-section, I was so hoping he would decide to come on his own, but, what do you do? Here's the stats on the little guy...Dylan Sean Williams
7 lbs, 11 oz
18 inches
When we first saw him when he was still swollen, I didn't think he looked like either of us, but now I think he mostly looks like Sean, especially when he opens his eyes. He doesn't have much hair, just a little bit of dark fuzz. He has a little dimple on his left cheek. So far he has been a great baby, I'm crossing my fingers he stays that way!Dylan and I are both doing well. I had a slight complication that resulted in excruciating pain in my chest and problems breathing on Monday night.
They did a CT scan to determine if I had a blood clot. The scan came back clear but the pain was still there when I took deep breaths. At the time they didn't really have an answer for the pain, they just said it was probably and air bubble that got up near my chest during the surgery and it would have to just be absorbed into my body (so there wasn't anything they could do!). Fortunately (I say that now that the pain is gone) the intense pain only lasted about a half hour to an hour 3 different times that night, and the remainder of the time it was just painful, but not excruciating. When I spoke to my doctor today and explained it he said it was probably pleurisy (which actually sounded more plausible to me). Whatever it was, I am glad it is gone. I woke up this morning without the pain and I am so grateful!
Kate loves her new baby brother. She loves to hold him and give him kisses and check out his little hands and feet. It's fun to watch her with him. She has been staying home with Grandma Williams (Sean's mom) so that has been fun for her. I think it has helped that she has been able to be at home instead of having to stay at other places with different people.Here's a picture of our new little family of four...

11 comments:
Sean and Liz,
Congrats!!!!! You have a beautiful family. Hope you have a great Christmas.
Love always,
Nikki Ellison
We are so happy for you. You look very nice and rounded now. Is that weird? I just think that you look more complete than just with Kate. Does that mean you'll look even more complete with 5 more?! Anyway, I'm so glad you're doing okay...scary! Also, I'm SO glad you took a nap with Kate...we'll call that a "half baked noodle nap"!
Love you guys.
Rachel & Fam
Dylan...welcome little buddy!
Yeah! Congratulations! What a handsome boy! I'm glad the pain is gone and it was nothing serious. Surgery is definitely not fun, but at least with a c-section you have something wonderful to show for it! I hope he continues to be a good baby. Kate looks perfect playing the part of the older sister. What a cute girl! Good luck! I love his name, by the way. I wish I was out there to come hold him (that's my favorite thing, you know), make sure you give him a little kiss from me!
Oh....he is so cute! Congrats on such a handsome little boy! Hope all continues to go well.
So cute! You cannot come to visit us without bringing him. I mean, you can come, but we won't let you in the door.
Congratulations!! He is just darling and I am glad that you are doing better now. I will come by and bug you in a couple of days after you settle in at home!!
Liz...Dyland looks so healthy and sweet. I love the picture of you and Kate in your bed...maybe I'm hormonal right now, but I almost cried a tear...maybe my longing for a little girl! Congrats! I'm glad everything is now fine, despite that awful pain!
Oh my heck, those are such good pictures of your whole family. I love all of them! Kate looks so cute holding Dylan and it's so good to hear that you guys are both doing well. I'm not looking forward to the c-section either but at least the baby can come out somehow! Take care, Liz. And congrats again!
Liz,
He looks gorgeous. I wouldn't expect any less from you. :) Sorry, about the whole C-Section thing. I don't like them either. I hope you and Dylan are doing good. Wish we could come by and see you both.
Love ya, Lacey and Family
Congratulations! He is adorable. I'm glad you're feeling better. I really like the name, too.
just wondering how life is going...I remember how CRAZY life was with the baby and Easton, just barely two. Good luck!
Post a Comment