
We had a really fun time on Halloween this year. Kate was a fairy. She LOVED her costume! She would have worn it every day since we bought it if I would have let her. She thought it was her beautiful dress. Everytime she put it on she would say, "I love my dress".

I was excited for her to actually get to wear the entire costume on Halloween, I knew she would have fun, and she did. We had quite the busy day. In the morning I took Kate to a little Halloween carnival. She has been going to a toddler gym class once a week and last week they met on Halloween with some of the other classes as a big group. They had a Halloween carnival all set up in one of the gyms. It was really

fun. She had a great time running around doing the different activities. They had a bounce house, a huge slide, tons of games, crafts, and lots of treats and prizes! She thought it was great. She even went into the bounce house which I was a little surprised about because of how many people were in there. She did fall while she was in there which put an end to her fun, but it was fun for her while it lasted.

After the carnival we headed over to Sean's old work (he started a new job on Oct. 27th) to visit uncle

Michael and do a little trick or treating in their office. Kate had a great time getting all of the treats. Every time she got a treat she would say, "should we go get more treats?".

After spending some time there we headed home for a much needed nap. Unfortunately by the time we got home she was so wired that she didn't want to sleep. After trying to get her to sleep for what seemed like an hour, I finally got her to go to sleep (I was determined to have her well rested for Halloween fun).

When she woke up we had some visitors, my brother Joseph, Ellen, and Halle. A short while later Tina, Jared, Jonathon, and Ashley dropped by, just from the hospital. We hung out for a while and then got ready to go trick or treating.

Just as we stepped outside to begin trick or treating around our neighborhood it began to rain. It wasn't too much, and it was still pretty warm, so off we went. Kate had a great time. At most of the houses she would say, "Trick or Treating", instead of Trick or Treat. It was pretty funny. By the end I think I got her to say just "Trick or Treat" a few times at least.

After going around our neighborhood we headed up to Grandma and Grandpa's and then dropped by a couple of my aunt's houses to go trick or treating. We had a good time and by the end Kate had eaten more candy than I could ever imagine a 2 year old wanting.
4 comments:
I LOVE that fairy costume! The shoes are fabulous!! Don't let Liv see them or she just might try stealing them!!!
cute costume, Kate!
Love, Livi
Adorable costume! What troopers to go trick or treating in the rain! Doesn't it feel like there is more and more to Halloween every year? So fun!
Liz, you better do a few more posts before you fall into the black hole of new babyhood.
Post a Comment