Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My New Niece

My sister Tina had her baby last Thursday. She was really hoping she wouldn't have her on Halloween, so the day before is a little better I think. They named her Ashley. She is very cute! We went to the hospital to see them after Sean got off work. I was really wanting to see how Kate would react to her, since her life is about to be forever changed by this baby brother of hers that is soon to arrive. She loved the little baby and wanted to hold her and get up and sit with Tina. While Kate was holding the baby she started crying and Kate immediately whispered "stop crying", and then started saying, "shh, shh, shh" so softly and then, "it's okay, it's okay". It was quite adorable to watch. I'm a little surprised she didn't try to give her back when she started crying. She knew just what to do. A little mommy in the making. I was very proud, as you can imagine! :-) Let's hope she adores our baby as much!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations to Tina and her family! So cute how Kate was taking care of her little cousin. I'm sure she will be a great big sister! I'm so jealous of cousins who are the same age, it has to be lots of fun!

Tina DeWitt said...

So I'm going to need copies of your pictuers, you got some really cute ones. And I agree, Kate was adorable!