We kept Kate up late in hopes of her falling and staying asleep better. We put her on the ground with us in a sleeping bag. We went to bed around 10:30PM or 11:00PM and the second we got in the tent Kate thought it was time to pretend she was in a bounce house. She was jumping all over and climbing on us. Finally I got her trapped in my sleeping bag with me and she fell asleep after a lot of songs.
Unfortunately, she woke up in the middle of the night (we didn't have a watch so we don't know exactly what time). She wouldn't go back to sleep. She was driving us CRAZY! She stayed up and finally around 6:00AM Sean got up with her to get some Cheerios and start a fire.
We were cleaned up and out of there by 7:30AM. We had planned on eating French toast at Kneaders since it was free for Dads for Father's Day on Saturday morning. It was delicious. I would definitely say that if you haven't tried it, you definitely should. Of course, Kate was so tired from being up half the night that she fell asleep on the way to Kneaders. We just woke her up.
Needless to say we were pretty much beat for the rest of the day. We got home and cleaned out the car, mowed the lawn and cleaned up a little and then just relaxed while Kate slept. We had a good time. Even though she didn't sleep well, it was still a fun time!
3 comments:
Yay! Very cute & hilarious about the tent. Speaking from experience, they get used to it. :)
I can just imagine how frustrating that could be. I am glad it was still fun though. It is very cute how Kate gathers things, I wonder what kind of a career there is in gathering?!
Liz, I sympathize with you. Who knows how well Leif will sleep while we are saying with my parents and Ryan's. Your blog is very adorable. Loved the pics.
Post a Comment