Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of Preschool

Kate started her first day of preschool today. I can't believe my little girl is old enough to start school. She was really excited to go! I think she was most excited about her new backpack that she picked out. The day she got it she packed it up with a bunch of stuff and there it waited for a couple weeks. I did threaten her more than once during that time that I would return her backpack if she didn't cooperate with me, that got her cooperation immediately, it was quite funny.

She picked out her outfit this morning and had to wear her ballet flats, not her sneakers, it was cute. She was so excited to see her teacher and be with other kids. I mentioned school to her several months ago (a mistake at the time) and she has been asking about it ever since. I was a little worried whether or not she would go without crying or asking us to stay. She is usually pretty good, but you never know with her. We all went to drop her off. We drove up and she got really excited when she saw her school and all the other kids. We walked her to her classroom and she walked right in. I hugged her and told her I'd be back and off she went to her bin to put away her backpack.

We left and it felt a little weird to be leaving without her. Sean went to work and I headed home. It was a strange feeling having only Dylan at home, even if it was only for a couple hours. It was nice to have some one on one time with Dylan, but I must admit that I did miss having Kate around. We went and picked her up after it was over and she was smiling. She had a great time. She was most excited about being able to play in the gym, she kept wanting me to go over there look in the window, which we did. She's excited to go back next time!

7 comments:

Sarah F. said...

She is growing up so fast!! She looks beautiful. How fun...my kids loved preschool too. It is such a fun stage.

Brooke said...

I love her outfit! So cute. Looks like a fun preschool!

Family of Strength said...

Great hair Mom! How fun for all of you! (Glad to see you back online.)

Tina DeWitt said...

You've been busy! I love how excited she still is even when she is at the school and you are heading out the door. Too cute. :)

Brooke said...

By the way, I LOVE your new blog header! That picture is precious!

Bree D. said...

Ok, she is too cute for words!! So excited and grown up!! Transitions are hard at first, but you all seem to be doing great! Love your new header and pics of the kids, beautiful!

JaMilLyN said...

I don't know how I missed this post. Anyway, Kate is such a cutie. You dress her so cute!