Sunday, May 17, 2009

Syttende Mai

Most of you probably know that my mom is from Norway. Every year there is a Norwegian festival in SLC at the International Peace Gardens to celebrate Norway's constitution day (May 17th or Syttende Mai). I used to go most years while I was growing up, and Sean and I have made a point of attending each year since we moved back to the area. We went up to the festival yesterday and had a good time. Most of my family went also which makes it more fun. The festival basically consists of a short speaker/program, a parade (everyone in attendence marches in the parade waving Norwegian flags), games for the kids, and food. Here are a few pictures from the day...







4 comments:

JaMilLyN said...

sounds like fun. cute pictures!

Family of Strength said...

How fun that you can continue the traditions you had growing up with your kids! I'm glad you all got to go together.

Ellen Oates said...

I am glad to see you blogging again! I miss seeing pictures of your cute family. I was looking through some of your older posts because I have not been on for awhile and I can not believe how much older Dylan looks already! He is changing and growing fast. He is such a sweet baby and I am glad we live close enough to see him and silly Kate often. We had a fun weekend with your family. Thanks for letting us stay.

Brooke said...

Looks like fun! How neat that your mom is from Norway.