Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Baby Kate

My little baby Kate is no longer a baby. She just turned 2 years old! I can't believe she is that big, the time has gone by so fast! She is such a little kid. She is talking so much and wants to do everything herself. Kate was really excited for her birthday. We told her that she was going to be 2, so now when you ask her how old she is she says, 2! This is a step in the right direction, she used to always say 3! Funny girl. Her birthday started when she woke up, I sang her the Happy Birthday song (which she loves, she even knows most the words and will sing it with you). Then I gave her some balloons I had picked up the night before, and of course she loved them and knew exactly what they were for. She screamed, "Happy Birthday balloons!" We were going to have a party in the evening so we spent most of the morning getting ready for it and making her cake. She had a good time helping me make the cake. I thought it turned out pretty good. Sean came home from work early so she got to play with him while I finished getting things ready. We had a little princess party for her she got to wear a princess crown and necklaces. My family came over to celebrate. Kate had a lot of fun, she loved playing with her cousins, especially Zoriaha! She loved all her presents, it was really funny to watch her open them. When she opened them she would say, "Ooh, for Kate". She wasn't too into eating the cake (she never is), but she liked her ice cream cone. She had a really good time and it was fun for us to watch her excitement. I am so grateful to have such an amazing little girl. I wouldn't trade her for anything!



5 comments:

Family of Strength said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Kate, we can't wait to see you next week...your birthday will just be extended by a few days! Liz, you are such a great mom. I love the way you love your little girl. :)

Ellen Oates said...

I am really sorry we could not be there. It looks like she had a wonderful day and she looks adorable in each of the pictures. She is not baby Kate anymore and soon there will be a new baby! AH! I can't wait. We love Kate and would not trade her as a niece for anything either. She is so smart and sweet and lets not forget...so cute!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday cute girl! Be sure to come to England with your mom and dad.

JaMilLyN said...

Holy cow, Kate is so pretty. She looks just like you, Liz.

Lovell Family said...

I'm so glad to finally be able to see your blog! Kate is beautiful...she's adorable. I can't believe she's 2! You guys look great, too.